Send to a Friend

anthony81212's avatar

What is this type of word called?

Asked by anthony81212 (389points) August 24th, 2008

Words that have the same spelling, but are pronounced different and mean different things.
W – I – N – D
It would either mean “wind” as in the movement of air, or “wind” as in winding up a clock or some mechanical device.

W – O – U – N – D
It would either mean “wound” as in “wind-ed” [second meaning of wind above]; or “wound” as in a flesh wound, scar, etc.

Using Fluther


Using Email

Separate multiple emails with commas.
We’ll only use these emails for this message.