General Question

ragingloli's avatar

What is the medical term for the fetish of slowly peeling protective film off of new products?

Asked by ragingloli (49116points) June 2nd, 2019


Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

7 Answers

Irukandji's avatar

There isn’t one. The world is full of things for which we have not invented words.

Yellowdog's avatar

It depends on what the new products themselves are.

I can imagine a fetish of peeling protective film off certain things, but not just anything.

janbb's avatar


Demosthenes's avatar

I think it’s just a sub-category of the unboxing fetish.

elbanditoroso's avatar


related to the word ecdysiast, which means striptease performer

LuckyGuy's avatar

Tegadermaphilia. It comes from the correct way to remove a tegaderm wound dressing: pull it back over itself, parallel to the surface – not vertically.

Zaku's avatar

Fetishes aren’t medical conditions.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther