Social Question

If you have one chance to go back in time for a few months to live with either Native Americans or American early settlers, which group would you choose?

Asked by mazingerz88 (23110points) 1 month ago from iPhone

And why?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

7 Answers

I would choose Native Americans, specifically Choctaw, to see how my ancestors lived. That would also be a better choice for most people because the colonists were not very familiar with the new land.

The Aboriginal natives. I have several questions, like Night At The Museum.

I would prefer to go back to a time before natives learned English, French, Spanish or Dutch.
I would know of their legends which were lost when whites decided to erase their culture.
When I returned I could write and publish them.
First, I would have to learn the language.

I would choose to live with the natives. .

I judge a race, with their ability to coexist with nature.

Therefore, I would choose the natives. I know they battled their own, but they didn’t do it with bombs, and shit. Something that I don’t agree with.

Another for the natives, Cherokee specifically. And omg, the men, hubba hubba

I have Cherokee in blood. I love it, and respect it . I would prefer to live like them. Peaceful, unless I have to .

^^Once or twice I visited the American Indian Museum in DC and a built-up teepee made great impression. There was also a well decorated and very much artistically so, quite colorful and all that, a life-size white horse, a wooden harness attached which pulls a cart of sorts laden with supplies.

What struck me most though I wouldn’t be able to describe it in detail even if I could recall it…lol….was this “pouch” on the side of the horse which if I wasn’t mistaken was meant to carry an infant. All in all, the whole set-up was very impressively aesthetic. These early Americans knew how to do it in style!

Native American. Like Shoshone, Bannock, Paiute.

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther