General Question

2davidc8's avatar

Readers of Japanese: what do these words say? (please see inside)

Asked by 2davidc8 (9409points) 1 month ago

Here’s the link to a photo of some Japanese words:

I’m wondering what kind of object it is.


Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

Hawaii_Jake's avatar

I cannot read the Japanese. It’s too advanced for me. I can tell you what it is, though. It’s a very hard, thick paper square used to write stylized Kanji on and display. It could also be used for painting sumi-e or ink paintings.

noduckposes's avatar


I think it was the title of a calligraphy book published in the Heian Period

2davidc8's avatar

I think that, in a way, you are both correct. You are just referring to 2 different aspects of it. Thank you for your replies.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther