stormdalyricist's avatar

[NSFW] Why do you think there are so many young men & women in the sex work industry?

Its easy, it pays well, requires nothing extra really-no drug test, no degree, flexible hours. I cant imagine it, but I’ve read a lot lol

Demand is steady. You work your own hours. The money can be good, and you need no expensive training. And you don’t have $200,000 debt at age 30.

Why wouldn’t you go into sex work?

Young men and women as opposed to older ? Youth sells better and performs better.

rebbel's avatar

‘Easy’ money.

kritiper's avatar

Two words: Easy money. Then there’s the sex and the so-called fame…which doesn’t hurt.

MrGrimm888's avatar

If I was a girl, I definitely would have been a stripper. Retire at 35… That was easy….

@MrGrimm They have male strippers, live your dream. Haha

stanleybmanly's avatar

For the same reason there are so many folks in the food business.

MrGrimm888's avatar

@KNOWITALL . I’ve been groped enough, that I’m owed a lot of back pay already…

I I’m in great shape. But I’d have to work on my abs probably. Even then, I doubt male strippers make the same as female ones…

Pinguidchance's avatar

@stormalyricist Why do you think there are so many young men & women in the sex work industry?

How many is so many? Most of those putative workers are just layabouts.

@MrGrimm From everything I’ve seen, the drug use will take off any extra weight quick. I’ve know a few over the years, never seems to be a carefree life.

mazingerz88's avatar

I’m under the impression there still isn’t that many. If it gets legalized in places where they are illegal that’s when it’s really gonna go insane.

@mazinger Here they are just disguised as strip clubs. No way you make 10k a week for lap dances, with no boobs. Even ugly ones are pretty well off, but Springfield is a college town.

snowberry's avatar

There are far more sex slaves than independent “workers”.

Mastema2's avatar

Lazy form of entrepreneurship. Low self confidence, no morals.

@kritiper I doubt the women enjoy it much at all. It’s just a job. And the faster they can get the guy off, the more guys they can run through the room.

I don’t think it’s immoral @Mastema2.

mazingerz88's avatar

@KNOWITALL Strip club shenanigans would be the proverbial small drop in that sticky bucket of what looks like white goo if prostitution is legalized in the US resulting into an explosion of thousands of personal websites of young and steamy adult Americans offering stress-relieving, tension-releasing services.

For the girl’s sake, it should be legalized.

Oh, and to answer the question, so many work in the industry because there is a huge demand for the services.

MrGrimm888's avatar

I don’t understand why prostitution is illegal. (My guess, is it’s religious based.)

I.don’t see a big difference between what a prostitute does, and a masseuse.

mazingerz88's avatar

^^A masseuse relaxes muscle tension not sexual tension.

MrGrimm888's avatar

Both include physical contact. Both release tension…. Some pioneer men, in the old American west, used to simply talk to prostitutes, or ask to be held, with no sexual involvement… I recently read an article about Japanese women, hiring men to simply lay with them. Again, no sexual contact.

In addition, sexual tension, is a form of physical tension…

Prostitution, is simply an exchange of currency, for a service. As long as it it consentual, I see no problem. A girlfriend telling her boyfriend that she’ll give him sex, if he cuts the lawn, is logically no different…

Dutchess_lll's avatar

It’s just a job man…but a pretty dangerous one that would be much safer if it’s legal.

MrGrimm888's avatar

Safer, in many ways. Safer for the workers, and likely would help with the Spears of STDs. Pimps would have to find a real job, and pay income tax (where applicable.)