General Question

Nevada83's avatar

What is the landmass called that stretches from Santa Barbara to San Diego and is dominated by the Los Angeles area?

Asked by Nevada83 (833points) October 4th, 2019

I think there is a name for it other than the Los Angeles area, but I forgot what it was.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

7 Answers

Darth_Algar's avatar

Southern California.

Tropical_Willie's avatar

“Southland” and “Inland Empire” although the Inland Empire includes San Bernardino County,

dabbler's avatar

I recall a poster from my youth growing up there last century that called the area from Los Angeles to San Diego:

LuckyGuy's avatar

I thought it was called SoCal. Am I wrong?

YARNLADY's avatar

I have heard it called PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) referring to the whole area.

RocketGuy's avatar

@YARNLADY – PCH refers to Hwy 1, running all the way up the west coast.

YARNLADY's avatar

@YARNLADY Yes, but many people ate expanding the meaning to refer to the entire region.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther