General Question

In Ghostbusters one what is the science experiment that Bill Murray as Peter Venkman does in the start of the movie?

Asked by RedDeerGuy1 (15641points) 1 week ago

Has anyone done that experiment in real life? It is something like negative reinforcement for psychics? Where when one predicts correctly what a symbol is and told that he is wrong and shocked? Well not the shocked part.
More detail: Venkman’s ESP Test
Ghostbusters one YouTube clip

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

The sad answer is that many terrible experiments, have been done on humans, and other animals.

Almost every medication starts with animals, and then moves to human trials.

Many with good intentions, and actually benefit humanity.

Some tests, are cruel, and help nobody. Nazi expirameants, come to my mind first. They basically tortured people to death, with no reasonable objectives.

Umm, that was less a science experiment and more him trying to pick up some girl. Even within the movie’s absurd boundaries Venkman can be considered a scientist only in the most charitable usage of the word.

^Scientists, are human too. And therfore, they have human flaws.

Are you perfect? You certainly give responses, that imply you are…

Jesus Christ, I can’t believe I’m being lectured to for describing a fictional character from a comedy movie just how he’s portrayed in the movie.

Response moderated (Unhelpful)

Well THATS a good point Darth…Apologies… I have a soft spot for Ghost Busters, and I love Bill Murray…

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther