raum's avatar

What is something you really wanted to like?

Asked by raum (6649points) 1 month ago from iPhone

But just couldn’t?

Why did you want to like it?
Why do you think you just couldn’t?

Blueberries. They’re supposed to be good for you.

canidmajor's avatar

Seinfeld. I tried and tried. So many people really really seemed to enjoy it, and some would even get angry because I didn’t. I never criticized it, I just said that I couldn’t get into it. Apparently those were fightin’ words.

I found it validly juvenile.

^^I couldn’t get into Friends or Cheers. I watched them, because other people I lived with liked the shows, but I never loved either show.

canidmajor's avatar

Damn you autocorrect, I meant to say “vapidly” juvenile.

I wanted to like Mochi. But the texture just does nothing for me.

I wanted to like the movie Rocket Man because I loved Bohemian Rhapsody and the bands were in my generation. But I hated the movie.

longgone's avatar

Oat milk. I can tolerate it, but I wish I really liked it. Also, many social gatherings that seem obligatory.

That’s really unhelpful, @canidmajor. Please try to think of all those for whom English is a second language. I already adopted “validly juvenile” as a new and enticing idiom. ~

One thing I did not really “want to like”, but that baffled me by how popular it was:
“Big Bang Theory”. I saw some clips of it, and it was some of the most unfunny garbage I had ever seen.

Doorbells!
In theory, they’re fine.
In reality though, they make my teeth itch.
You can’t beat a good firm knocker, classic rasp!

Demosthenes's avatar

I wish I liked beer, but I don’t. I never have. My friends have always liked it, my dad is into home-brewing, I’m a millennial so I’m supposed to love “craft beer”, but the closest I’ve gotten to liking it is trying some that I’ve found “tolerable” but even then I could not drink much of it and I would much rather be drinking something else. Beer just doesn’t do it for me. It often makes me nauseous. Maybe I was traumatized by the cheap beer that all the frat parties had when I was in college, but I can’t seem to like good stuff either.