General Question

flo's avatar

Can the danger of black mold be minimized?

Asked by flo (12974points) January 28th, 2020

Isn’t the thing to do to just throw out whatever it’s on if you can afford to buy a new one?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

kritiper's avatar

Spray it down with a mixture of chlorine bleach and water.

si3tech's avatar

Toss it. Risk is too great, Too risky whether or not you can afford a new one.

flo's avatar

@kritiper Is there anything (in a regular house) for things that need to stay dry?

flo's avatar

@si3tech Yes, but if you can’t afford a new one, and you need the item.

si3tech's avatar

Stachybotrys can do irreparable damage to the respiratory system, cause brain deterioration and this damage is permanent.

snowberry's avatar

Interestingly, where I live, a lot of homes and businesses have water and mold problems. They are bought and sold with hardly a blink of an eye. Apparently it’s only the places that have been flooded that are considered a toxic mold problem.

To resolve the problem people around here just perfume the heck out of the place and keep going. I am really allergic to both mold and fragrances, so there are a lot of places that I cannot go into.

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther