Social Question

What did you do to keep yourself at optimum health before Covid?

Asked by lucillelucillelucille (33791points) 2 months ago

Mentally, physically or both
If nothing, do you have plans to make changes?
Last but not least, how are you feeling?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

12 Answers

Physically, you know already but here’s an echo…
I run a lot!
Work out at home too, push ups sit ups etc also light weights.
Mentally I’ve always been a positive easy going human & being very silly & childish helps.
Laughter will make you live longer!

I am feeling tip-top thanks for asking & yourself?

I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. I make a smoothie every morning for a good start:
—Juice (whatever is on sale with 100% RDA for vitamin C)
—Spinach (fresh, though frozen is OK)
—Blueberries (frozen)
—Yogurt (sometimes)

I walk or bicycle when I can, instead of driving. Now, with no particular place to go, I’m making a point of getting outside to walk 2 or 3 miles per day. I have new boots to break in so that’s working out well.

Stay the hell away from people.

@Caravanfan That’s was your regime before Covid? Interesting.

Unfortunately, I don’t eat enough fruit. I do include vegetables in my meals every day, and I go for a two hour walk in the woods.

For mental health, I work hard at practising healthy interaction. I do mindful walks or grounding exercises, too.

I feel quite good, though I can’t fully shake this cold I have. Thanks for asking – and you?

@lucillelucillelucille Don’t be a jerk. I’m telling you what to do now.

@longgone -I’ve exercised regularly for the last 30 years. I make dietary changes from time to time to see how I do. My walks are similar to yours, it seems.

@Caravanfan -I don’t need some stranger on a social site to tell me that.
I have a doctor, btw.
You still didn’t answer my question which is alright by me but you do not have to use it as an excuse to be a jerk.

I’ve been self isolating since I was 2 years old. When I feel that something isn’t right I use various all natural herbs, spices, oils until I feel everything going back into balance!!! I have managed to defeat the flu, pneumonia, bronchitis without having to go to a doctor.

I recently was in a position where I had to visit a doctor as it was a problem that my way of doing things just wasn’t working. When he heard that my last visit to a medical doctor had been 30 years before, he scheduled a battery of tests to see what all I had missed. When all the tests were complete, I went in for the results. He was amazed at how healthy I am as he couldn’t find anything wrong with me. He helped me with the current problem & then told me to go back to doing what I had been doing to take care of myself as it seemed to be working very well.

@LadyMarissa -I love that! I’m glad you are doing well :)

@lucillelucillelucille I’m glad we all are!!!

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther