lucillelucillelucille's avatar

What did you do to keep yourself at optimum health before Covid?

Asked by lucillelucillelucille (33791points) 2 months ago

Mentally, physically or both
If nothing, do you have plans to make changes?
Last but not least, how are you feeling?

Physically, you know already but here’s an echo…
I run a lot!
Work out at home too, push ups sit ups etc also light weights.
Mentally I’ve always been a positive easy going human & being very silly & childish helps.
Laughter will make you live longer!

I am feeling tip-top thanks for asking & yourself?

Call_Me_Jay's avatar

I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. I make a smoothie every morning for a good start:
—Juice (whatever is on sale with 100% RDA for vitamin C)
—Spinach (fresh, though frozen is OK)
—Blueberries (frozen)
—Yogurt (sometimes)

I walk or bicycle when I can, instead of driving. Now, with no particular place to go, I’m making a point of getting outside to walk 2 or 3 miles per day. I have new boots to break in so that’s working out well.

Caravanfan's avatar

Stay the hell away from people.

lucillelucillelucille's avatar

@Caravanfan That’s was your regime before Covid? Interesting.

longgone's avatar

Unfortunately, I don’t eat enough fruit. I do include vegetables in my meals every day, and I go for a two hour walk in the woods.

For mental health, I work hard at practising healthy interaction. I do mindful walks or grounding exercises, too.

I feel quite good, though I can’t fully shake this cold I have. Thanks for asking – and you?

Caravanfan's avatar

@lucillelucillelucille Don’t be a jerk. I’m telling you what to do now.

lucillelucillelucille's avatar

@longgone -I’ve exercised regularly for the last 30 years. I make dietary changes from time to time to see how I do. My walks are similar to yours, it seems.

lucillelucillelucille's avatar

@Caravanfan -I don’t need some stranger on a social site to tell me that.
I have a doctor, btw.
You still didn’t answer my question which is alright by me but you do not have to use it as an excuse to be a jerk.

LadyMarissa's avatar

I’ve been self isolating since I was 2 years old. When I feel that something isn’t right I use various all natural herbs, spices, oils until I feel everything going back into balance!!! I have managed to defeat the flu, pneumonia, bronchitis without having to go to a doctor.

I recently was in a position where I had to visit a doctor as it was a problem that my way of doing things just wasn’t working. When he heard that my last visit to a medical doctor had been 30 years before, he scheduled a battery of tests to see what all I had missed. When all the tests were complete, I went in for the results. He was amazed at how healthy I am as he couldn’t find anything wrong with me. He helped me with the current problem & then told me to go back to doing what I had been doing to take care of myself as it seemed to be working very well.

lucillelucillelucille's avatar

@LadyMarissa -I love that! I’m glad you are doing well :)

LadyMarissa's avatar

@lucillelucillelucille I’m glad we all are!!!