Social Question

When a vaccine for coronavirus is made available would you take it?

Asked by RedDeerGuy1 (16737points) 1 week ago

Should it be mandatory? Would you take it? Should or would it be free?

What do anti-vaxers think about it?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

29 Answers

I would be delighted to take it.

I would take it.

I’ll be in line!

I remember polio shots in grammar school, Carol pased out right in front of me, in the auditorium where the shots were given. Had to give her “smelling salts” !

I’ll take it.

@Tropical_Willie, I remember them too. I was determined not to be “like a girl,” so I toughed it out. Wasn’t too bad. Some kids cried. My school in Massachusetts was part of a blind field test, so some of us got the vaccine and some got “water.”

I always get my flu shots, shingles shots, and anything else they want to immunize me for. I remember having measles, mumps, and chicken pox, all three, as a kid and am very glad they’re no longer such a threat, except to people who are getting wrong information.

I’ve had regular allergy shots for the past 20+ years. They changed my life. I’m a believer.

If it meets all it’s safety protocols then yes I would.

No.
I don’t get any vaccines.

I would after it was publicly tested, and then proven to be safe.

How I see this thread

take IT

Me, nah I’m good thanks!

Yes, even with as much as I hate needles. Anything to not get it and get back to the old normal.

@nightwolf5, we won’t be getting back to the old normal. It’s gone. The lives we had three months ago, they’re gone.

Sorry, but I do believe things will get better in time. Have to just think positive. This can’t stay around forever.

Yes, I would get the shot. And I would hope that like the flu shot, it also fends off variant corona viruses the way the flu shot helps against various flu strains.

Yes, just like I get a flu shot every year.

@nightwolf5, I didn’t say things wouldn’t get better. I said they’re not going back to the way they were. That was a one-way door.

I was told by my doctor not to take vaccines, so no.

Reluctantly, but yes. I’m a sucker for the ‘greater good’ schtick.

@Jeruba We don’t know that for sure. I believe they just might, given time.

No I wouldn’t as it would take years to realize its effects on people.

I have never had a flu shot as my health is good enough to fend off all my life.

I had only had the flu once and it was slight.

Eat healthy and exercise etc and your body will take care of itself.

Fill your body with unhealthy foods, drugs,practices and you get what you created.

Living a healthy lifestyle can help prevent chronic diseases and long-term illnesses.

Of course. It would be the right thing to do.

@jca2…why did your doc say not to take it?
I don’t know if I would.

@Dutchess_lll: I had Guillain Barre Syndrome 12 years ago, which is an autoimmune disease. There was an outbreak of Guillain Barre in the 1970’s (it’s a rare disease so an outbreak is even more rare) and it was found that the outbreak was triggered by the preservative in the Swine Flu vaccine. So the neurologist told me no more vaccines.

Guillain Barre is like Multiple Sclerosis, where you can’t walk or stand, and some people die from it. I spent a month in the hospital.

Only if the politician I support endorses it. :)

@Demosthenes – Now that’s funny. :D

@Patty_Melt: I don’t understand.

I will take it once the actual safety profile has been well established and I can see the data.

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther