Jeruba's avatar

Have you ever lived with somebody whose sleep schedule was opposite to yours?

Asked by Jeruba (50627points) 1 month ago

If so, how did you make it work?

In particular, how did you make it work in a marital or partnership relationship?

Or did you?

Nomore_lockout's avatar

For years I worked nights and wife worked days and we never had any problems, just split responsibility with kids, supper, cleaning, Little League, Brownies, etc. If she wasn’t off I would do it, if I was dragged out she would do it. Marriage has to be a two way street.

My Ex would come up to read in bed about a half hour after me, just when I was ready to turn off the lights. He got up before me and that was usually the best hour of sleep I got.Mornings weren’t a problem (at least not for me) but the night time was kind of a pain.

stanleybmanly's avatar

My wife requires a solid 8 hours of sleep every night, and is usually in bed by 10. I on the other hand am usually up and about til 2 or 3 in the morning. The house is big. So with the bedroom door closed the tv can blare in the living room and she can’t hear a thing. Prior to the pandemic, I would usually be up before her and make her coffee then wake her for her morning ritual before work. Nowadays I nap at damned near any hour and love it.