General Question

longgone's avatar

What is this product I'm searching for?

Asked by longgone (18766points) February 19th, 2021

This is a long shot, but I figured I’d give it a try.

My sister and I liked to play “horse”. To make it more realistic, our mum found these wide, flat rubber bands at a store, with a little plastic clicking mechanism on one side and a bow on the other. We’d wear them on our feet, stepping on the plastic, and the mechanism would “click” with every step. It really did sound like horses walking down a street.

I think the original purpose might have been to practise tap dancing moves? Not sure.

Do you happen to know what I’m talking about? I have happy memories of those things, and would like to get them for some young “horses”.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

Tropical_Willie's avatar

Sounds like simple ice cleats for shoes.

KRD's avatar

Might be a tap dance shoe bottom.

Zaku's avatar

Here is a set of instructions to DIY:

longgone's avatar

Nah, I’m not describing it well. It was plastic pieces designed to mechanically make a clicking sound. If you held it in your hand and pressed gently, it would make a sound too. Sort of like a dog training clicker, if you’re familiar.

@Zaku That might also work, if I can’t find what I’m looking for. It looks pretty simple. Many thanks!

janbb's avatar

Guess my Google search wasn’t too successful. It did bring up this though which might be fun:

LuckyGuy's avatar

Acme 470 Clicker Interesting info relating to their use in Operation Overlord – D-Day.

I had a flatter one as a kid in the late 50s early 60s. It was plastic except for the bimetal strip.

Still looking… They have gotten more modern. Cricket Clicker

Walmart has some. Pack of 24 for $10.99

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther