Social Question

ragingloli's avatar

What do you call this thing?

Asked by ragingloli (49934points) January 17th, 2022
This rubber thing with which to unclog a toilet or sink.
Are there any region specific names for this tool?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

13 Answers

elbanditoroso's avatar

In the US, it is plunger, or toilet plunger.

janbb's avatar

A plunger, but I like “plompel” a lot!

kritiper's avatar

A plunger or plumber’s helper. Also, plumber’s friend.

janbb's avatar

I guess we could be more poetic and call it a “shit stirrer”!

rebbel's avatar

Ont = de.
Stopper (from (ver) stopt) = clogged.

elbanditoroso's avatar

We went out to eat, for a mid day quick meal,
Who knows what germs and bugs infested my veal.

The food was so awful, just a simple noon luncheon
My gut emptied so much, the john need plungin’.

filmfann's avatar

Toilet plunger or plumbers’ helper.

JLoon's avatar

That’s a turd wrench Loli!

Or Trump stick/potty plow/Jersey turnpike/fillibuster/Thor’s hammer/Texas tool/Washington monument/hand of fatima.

Depending on where you’re from…and where you’re going.

flutherother's avatar

It’s a plunger. There’s probably a German combination word that takes 50 or 60 letters to describe it.

Smashley's avatar

Safe cracker, ugly stick, the squelcher, Tennessee toothpick, Chatanooga champagne flute, Buster Douglas, Ollivander’s

zenvelo's avatar

@flutherother You mean something like “poopderspringenflushenfabrikenwerken” ??

SnipSnip's avatar

That is a regular old plunger. Every home should have two. One for the toilet and one for everything else.

Answer this question




to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther