General Question

LVid's avatar

What do you call the actual container or boxed part of a book?

Asked by LVid (7points) August 7th, 2022

What do you call the actual container or boxed part of a book? I have a rare pop-up book that contains many enclosures that are all packaged together inside a box-like “container”—the artwork of which is a duplication of the book—but I don’t know what it is called.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

7 Answers

kritiper's avatar

Cover, like hard cover as compared to paperback.

janbb's avatar

It’s usually called a boxed set and the outside container would be the box.

Response moderated (Off-Topic)
Response moderated
Jeruba's avatar

Look up something similar on a collectors’ website and see what they call it.

(You can flag your question and ask for it to be moved to General, which is where it belongs.)

mazingerz88's avatar

Probably a book slip. A sleeve.

kruger_d's avatar

A hard cover book is case bound. The front cover, spine, and back cover are the case. If boxed, it would be a case bound book with slipcase.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther