General Question

LostInParadise's avatar

Is there a place where you can buy a plastic cap for a bottle?

Asked by LostInParadise (31283points) 2 months ago

Years ago Gillette sold soap and shampoo in plastic containers with hooks that you could use to attach them upside down to a shower caddy. I bought two bottles and have been refilling them. It was really convenient, but I have lost the caps for the bottles. Is there some place that sells plastic caps that you can snap open or closed to allow a liquid to pour through? Are there standard sizes?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

canidmajor's avatar

I don’t know about the specific bottles you are talking about, but there are definitely stock sizes for caps. I re-use bottles for all sorts of things, and have found a lot of tops to be interchangeable.
Maybe check Amazon.

chyna's avatar

Amazon has a 3 cap package. The brand name is VersoCap. It’s 17.95 . To be used on shampoo, lotion and hand soap to get every drop out.

LostInParadise's avatar

Thanks, CandidMajor and Chyna. I placed an order. The price is somewhat outrageous, but in the long run the convenience makes it worthwhile. I will have to be careful not to lose the caps again.

RocketGuy's avatar

Or you can buy bottles of products for the caps and get the product included for free in the purchase.

LostInParadise's avatar

The problem is that the product caps are screwed on. I needed something that could just be squeezed over the container, which is what I got from Amazon.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther