nocountry2's avatar

Has anybody taken an adrenal gland supplement?

Asked by nocountry2 (3679points) October 3rd, 2008 from iPhone

Did you feel like it made a difference? Did you have any side effects?

(The theory is that when under a great deal or prolonged amounts of stress, your adrenal gland can short out, and by taking a supplement for 2–3 months you give it time to recover and resume normal function.)

I have, but sporadically, precisely because I could not detect any difference, but I am not sure what one would detect.

I started taking an adrenal gland supplement called “Adrenal-Pro” about 1 week ago, and I’ve noticed that I haven’t been as “tired” during the day and early evening as I usually am. I noticed the effect almost immediately. More energy, less fatigue. The first time I took it, in the evening with a meal, I had a bit of trouble sleeping all the way through the night, as if I had a “caffeine” fix or something. Maybe it was the surge in extra energy from my first use of the supplement. I don’t know what the long term effects will be, however. We’ll see.