General Question

Snoopy's avatar

Child Tax Credit?

Asked by Snoopy (5793points) November 1st, 2008

$1000/kid if married filing jointly w/ AGI < $110K.
At what income level ABOVE AGI $110K do you offset the loss of the tax credit?
Child Tax Credit link

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

dalepetrie's avatar

If you look at the bottom of the link you posted, there is a link to pub 972 which has a worksheet. Basically, you take 110k off whatever your AGI is, so let’s say your AGI is $130k. You take the difference (in this case 20k) and multiply it by 5%, which would be $1,000. You subtract that total from your total tax credit. So w/ 1 kid it’s fully phased out at 130k, 2 kids @ 150k, 3 kids @ 170k and so on. Or for any number inbetween there, you basically lose $50 of the credit for every 1,000 in income (5%).

Snoopy's avatar

@dale Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I didn’t see the worksheet as part of the publication! blushing

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther