General Question

mikey7183's avatar

I have ATT wireless and wish to CHANGE my phone number to a new number. Is there anyway to automatically forward calls to my old number to my new number?

Asked by mikey7183 (338points) January 4th, 2009

and any way of telling people that call my old number, that my number has since changed to X?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

8 Answers

asmonet's avatar

Not without owning both numbers simultaneously I don’t think. You should call ATT, it’s a simple question they’d be more than happy to help you with.

PupnTaco's avatar

Sounds like a great question for AT&T. I have no opinion about your issue & don’t know the facts since I don’t work for them.

steveprutz's avatar

If AT&T gives you the cold shoulder, you may want to check out This Google product just rocks.

Trustinglife's avatar

I’ve had this issue before. I’m pretty sure there is no way to do it – when you get a new #, your old # is disconnected. I asked, and was told that I couldn’t have any kind of message or anything on the old #. That said, if I were you, I’d still ask. That was maybe two years ago.

@Dave, why do you answer questions you clearly have only disdain for? I don’t get it. Are you just pissed off, or are you trying to help this fairly new Flutherer?

PupnTaco's avatar

Not pissed off at all, just interested in quality. Fact-based questions that can be answered by Google bug me and clutter up Fluther. There’s nothing to discuss with these kind of questions!

Mizuki's avatar

grand central rocks!

Response moderated
thomaspoat's avatar

Why not ask AT&T for local number portability (LNP) or mobile line number portability (MLNP) service. You can switch to any carrier without losing your number.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther