General Question

skfinkel's avatar

Bad service from a lawyer?

Asked by skfinkel (13424points) January 16th, 2009

What is the recourse?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

9 Answers

figbash's avatar

@skf: What was wrong with the service? Not thorough enough? Bad outcome? Poor turn-around time or inattentiveness?

skfinkel's avatar

At a hearing, did not give the information the judge needed. It was just like she didn’t do what she needed to do to support the case.

judochop's avatar

Fire her and get a new lawyer.

Darwin's avatar

And if you still feel strongly, write a letter to the bar association.

tinyfaery's avatar

The lawyers I work for often take legal malpractice cases. You’d be surprised how many attorneys are incompetent. Fire her and get another lawyer.

susanc's avatar

Get tinyfaery to refer you to the lawyers she works for. Same city, if I’m not mistaken.

skfinkel's avatar

@tinyfaery The thought of hiring another attorney makes me dizzy. And it’s all just too expensive. But we did fire the first—the question I has was what to do about the damage the first did. And, I think, we are just going to have to live with it.

tinyfaery's avatar

If the ineptitude of your attorney lead to a judgment against you, then you can not only sue your attorney for malpractice, but your malpractice attorney can reopen your original case based on the malpractice case and possibly gain judgment in your favor in your original case. Like I said, we have many clients that have been able to reverse original judgments and have all attorneys fees paid for the malpractice case. But unless you want to represent yourself against your ex-attorney, or hire a new attorney, you just have to deal with whatever happened.

Response moderated (Spam)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther