General Question

chwagner's avatar

I am looking for a commonly used phrase for putting pressure on someone. Like "put the heat on" or "put the screws to." i'm sure there are more polite ways to say this colloquially. How?

Asked by chwagner (8points) November 20th, 2007
Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

andrew's avatar

“The full court press”? Can you give any more context?

Mangus's avatar

“Lean on”

occ's avatar

“turn up the pressure”
help them “see the urgency”
“amp up the volume”
“underscore the importance”

jdvanderk's avatar

twisting arms?

robbluther's avatar

I hate putting you on the spot.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther