General Question

johnny0313x's avatar

Is there a way to convert a lampshade?

Asked by johnny0313x (1855points) May 3rd, 2009 from iPhone

I have a lampshade I really like but it’s the wrong kind for the lamp I have. It’s like the one that goes over a screw and now the kind that you put the bulb in after the lamp shade. Does that make sense? I was wondering if there is anyway to buy just the piece I need so that it will work with the lamp.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

7 Answers

Response moderated
augustlan's avatar

There may be. What you need is called a harp. Check your local yellow pages for a lighting store, take in the lamp and the shade and they should be able to help you find the right size (if it is possible at all). I have the same problem, incidentally.

justwannaknow's avatar

Do not even bother, I tried and it was a night mare and I can fix about anything. Nothing will match up right size wise.

Jeruba's avatar

Oh, dear, I so much wanted to say that you have to preach to it and pray over it, but I can see from your details that you are just not going to give me the opportunity.

johnny0313x's avatar

Well I went and bought harps for the lamps. It was a nightmare ha. To install them I needed to take the whole lamp apart only to find out that the wiring can’t be disconnected without resoddering. My friend did a shady rig job on it and it looks okay now but I just went to turn the lamp off and got shocked so needless to say I’ll be buying new lamps ha. Oh well it’s a lesson learned I suppose ha.

augustlan's avatar

Oh man. Sorry it didn’t work out. Better luck next time!

johnny0313x's avatar

yeah haha oh welll

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther