General Question

Fyrius's avatar

Is there a specific name for this sort of decorative line pattern?

Asked by Fyrius (14555points) May 22nd, 2009

Crude illustration of what I mean:
I believe it’s of ancient Greek origin, but I’m not sure.

A classmate and I are writing a paper on recursion, and I’ve arrived at the section about recursion in geometry right now. I’d like to use a somewhat more literate term than “those decorative line patterns.” I figured I might as well ask here.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

7 Answers

xxpinkbeachbum23's avatar

sorry i have no clue

El_Cadejo's avatar

If your answer is “i have no clue” why bother answering in the first place?

lillycoyote's avatar

@uberbatman re: xxpink because she just joined fluther and she’s only 13.

amelia_sham's avatar

Addendum: Also sometimes called a “meander”—google “meander pattern” – may be helpful.

Fyrius's avatar

@amelia_sham: You’re my hero. Thank you very much.

gailcalled's avatar

A simplified version of the Greek Key Pattern.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther