General Question

Daethian's avatar

What is this?

Asked by Daethian (334points) May 25th, 2009

I have something from an estate sale and I need to list it for sale but I don’t know what it is! Collar chain? Tie chain? HELP!?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

Staalesen's avatar

Loks like a cape chain or something to keep a cape together…

Jeruba's avatar

Yes, also maybe used for a sweater. Clip it to both sides of something and let the chain fall across your front to keep the garment from falling off your shoulders. Women often used to wear their sweaters over their shoulders without putting their arms in the sleeves, and they might attach something like this to the two front portions to keep from losing the sweater. Did we call it a sweater guard? Yes, I think so. Once upon a time they were very cool, in a fifties sort of way.

Daethian's avatar

Cape or sweater chain makes total sense to me! It has a pat number on it too which seems funny.

Anyway thanks I think you guys are dead on!

hungryhungryhortence's avatar

Looks like to fasten a man’s vest

Staalesen's avatar

@hungryhungryhortence yes, that might be it…

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther