General Question

delta77's avatar

Can you get a tax write-off for moving expenses incurred for moving to a new state because of a new job opportunity that you took?

Asked by delta77 (196points) June 7th, 2009
Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

The_Compassionate_Heretic's avatar

It’s a work expense so I wouldn’t see why not. Document everything and save all your receipts.

DrBill's avatar

Yes, As long as the new address is at least 50 miles closer to the new job, than the old address is to the new job.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther