General Question

wilson's avatar

How can I top up and use my Nokia 6300 in the US?

Asked by wilson (63points) July 26th, 2009

I moved to Texas from England earlier this year. I haven’t been able to find a way to top up the phone using dollars, and am not sure I want to go on a contract. I unwisely bought a phone that claimed it was international, but found that only included the countries of Canada and Mexico. I have my family in England and want to easily contact them. Any suggestions?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

atlantis's avatar

It depends on the service that you use. If your phone connection was bought in england then your cell is actually in roaming right now. I would call customer service and check if I will have to go through the same procedure of buying a new sim altogether or just get my zipcode changed. There could be a number of options.

wilson's avatar

@atlantis Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check into it.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther