General Question

Perchik's avatar

What is it called when a hardcover book has the cover/spine on upside down?

Asked by Perchik (4987points) January 18th, 2008

I recently bought a book that has it’s cover upside down. That is, when you look at the front of the book, then open it, instead of looking at the front page, you’re looking at the back page upside down.

(to clarify, the hardcover part seems to have been rotated 180 degrees before being attached to the pages.)
What is the term for this? (I ask because I assume it’s rare and would like to find out more info)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

Amurph's avatar

It’s actually the European Style of binding books. Most Spanish books are bound like this, I don’t know specifically what other countries do it, though.

christybird's avatar

French ones are too.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther