Send to a Friend

Perchik's avatar

What is it called when a hardcover book has the cover/spine on upside down?

Asked by Perchik (4987points) January 18th, 2008

I recently bought a book that has it’s cover upside down. That is, when you look at the front of the book, then open it, instead of looking at the front page, you’re looking at the back page upside down.

(to clarify, the hardcover part seems to have been rotated 180 degrees before being attached to the pages.)
What is the term for this? (I ask because I assume it’s rare and would like to find out more info)

Using Fluther


Using Email

Separate multiple emails with commas.
We’ll only use these emails for this message.