General Question

xTheDreamer's avatar

What are these color markers/pens called?

Asked by xTheDreamer (886points) September 11th, 2009

In this picture there’s a box of colored pens in the left corner:

What’s the brand of those color markers/pens called?
And are they actually color markers?
Because I don’t really know what they are called in English but we call those “stift” or “stiften”(plural) in Dutch.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

13 Answers

evegrimm's avatar

They might be Copics or Prismacolors.

As someone who is a friend of artists, as opposed to an artist herself, I cannot say for certain.

These look like what your picture is showing.

xTheDreamer's avatar

@cyndihugs Yes, those are what we call “stiften” in dutch but I don’t know what they’re called in english. And I wanted to know the brand names of the ones in the picture.

@evegrimm Oh okay thanks, cause I’m looking for those kind in the picture.

Axemusica's avatar

I have no idea, but I’m curious just because they look like they are perfect to color with and I’d like to have some.

wenn's avatar

Those are Prismacolor

Heres their site

Axemusica's avatar

@wenn I think you’re right. Prismacolor’s site looks like they’re if not the same very similar.

sandystrachan's avatar

So are these pens like many others , great for putting colour onto paper along with your hands while colouring ? I hate when i use pens of any kind , and they leach the colout from paper to my hands/ clothes

xTheDreamer's avatar

@sandystrachan I don’t think they are like many others, it’s specially designed for drawing comic books/manga.

madcapper's avatar

def Prismacolors

standardtoaster's avatar

yea those are prismacolors no doubt, but they’re super expensive if you’re planning on buying them

Beta_Orionis's avatar

Yep, Prismas. Specifically, this variety.
Try to purchase them online to avoid the extravagant cost in stores.
For measure, usually a set of 12 costs around $30.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther