General Question

erik's avatar

How do I hook a Playstation 2 up to my PC monitor?

Asked by erik (63points) January 7th, 2007
I have DVI and VGA inputs into my PC monitor, and the PS2 apparently has S-video out (although I only see an 'AV MULTI OUT' output), is there some kind of adapter that will let me hook my PS2 up to my PC?
Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

gsiener's avatar
First question: does your PC's video card happen to have an input for S-Video or RCA? If yes you can use that.
gsiener's avatar
Otherwise, you're probably looking for a more generic tv to vga adapter, like this one:
gsiener's avatar
(no affiliation to those guys)
erik's avatar
I can see an S-video slot at the back of my computer, but how do I know that it will take S-video input as well as output? I only ask because my mac powerbook has S-video but it appears to be only output. sorry for being such a newb :)
bob's avatar
You would want to hook up the S-video to the monitor, not the computer. If the computer's a laptop, I don't know that you'll be able to hook it up at all.
erik's avatar
ah, I was hoping to send the signal through my computer, guess that's not possible. well my monitor has no s-video input, so I guess I'm off to buy a RCA->VGA adapter. thanks for the help!

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther