General Question

Kickerk's avatar

Do I need to pay capital gains tax?

Asked by Kickerk (8points) January 15th, 2010

If I become a resident in Canada before I sell my house in the UK will I need to pay capital gains tax in Canada?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

trailsillustrated's avatar

no you will owe it in the uk. If you buy another residence with the money you won’t, but the residence would probably have to be in the uk.

Kickerk's avatar

Thanks for the answer

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther