General Question

ilvorangeiceblocks's avatar

What is this object called?

Asked by ilvorangeiceblocks (860points) February 12th, 2010

I want one of these, i just don’t know what it is called. It is a watch/miniature clock on a chain. Please help me with what it is called?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

11 Answers

susanc's avatar

Pocket watch?

Buttonstc's avatar

They also used to be called Fob Watches.

But, strictly speaking, the Fob is the chain plus other ornamentation to which it is attached.

That’s also why vests contain those small shallow “pockets” which were specifically created to hold them.

ilvorangeiceblocks's avatar

@Buttonstc now i know what to put in my school blazier pocket instead of my phone….

Nullo's avatar

Weird how some things develop such tremendous momentum, innit?

I am of the opinion that the world needs more pocket watches.

Cruiser's avatar

You can also get a trucker wallet on a chain and a retractable key chain to make a matching set!!

AstroChuck's avatar

Also known as a fob watch.

thriftymaid's avatar

A pocket watch, or if you wear it around your neck it is a watch pendant.

thriftymaid's avatar

@erichw1504 . Hey, that’s just like mine. Love it.

Strauss's avatar

Isn’t that what the fifth pocket in jeans is for?

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther