General Question

lozza's avatar

Do Macs have a Home & End button equivalent from a PC keyboard?

Asked by lozza (307points) March 6th, 2008 from iPhone

Can’t seem to find it!

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

knight's avatar

Yes. The default are:

fn+left arrow – it’s home
fn+right arrow – it’s end

But you can reconfigure the shortcuts as you want.

squirbel's avatar

Also, if you can’t find the actual buttons (they are where knight described) there are two other keystrokes that achieve the same.

Apple key + right
Apple key + left

blunckhouse's avatar

You can also use the up & down arrows to move to the start and end of a line of text. This is most effective in password and other text boxes where it’s a short input field.

chaosrob's avatar

The Apple 101-key keyboards all have home and end keys, too, just like their PC cousins.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther