General Question

pattyb's avatar

Can I replace the front fork on my bicycle with a suspension/shock absorber type fork. Should it be done by a pro?

Asked by pattyb (786points) March 6th, 2008 from iPhone
Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

Lightlyseared's avatar

You can change the fork and I figure it should probably be done by someone who knows what they are doing.

robhaya's avatar

Do you know how to swap a fork on a bike? Do you know the steerer tube length that will properly fit your bike? Do you know what type of headset your bike currently has? Threaded or Thread less? Do you have the proper tools? If you can’t answer these questions , then have it done by your local bike shop mechanic. You’ll save yourself a lot of time, money and aggravation.

Good Luck!

blunckhouse's avatar

Depends on the bicycle. A lot of store brand forks cannot be upgraded. If your bike came from an actual bike store, then it might be able to be upgraded with suspension.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther