General Question

Breefield's avatar

What kind of couch is this?

Asked by Breefield (2728points) April 2nd, 2010

Like so.
I know you think it’s missing the bottom cushion, but ignore that :p
I can’t have this one because it’s owned by the building I work at. But I’d like to know what to be searching Craigslist for.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

9 Answers

gailcalled's avatar

Chesterfield sofa. Leather with buttons at the tucks. Two of them, in brown, appeared regularly upstairs in the drawing room in Upstairs, Downstairs.

La_chica_gomela's avatar

Definitely a Chesterfield.

Breefield's avatar

More specifically, where can I get one used? I can’t seem to find any online…and the one from that picture is owned by the building. Should I go thrift store hunting?

gailcalled's avatar

They are usually scarce but I would try Craig’s List.

La_chica_gomela's avatar

You’re probably a lot more likely to be able to find a knock-off used, I would try just looking for leather, and looking at the photos. You might be more likely to find one at a consignment shop.

Kayak8's avatar

They are pretty pricey, but I found an inflatable one on Amazon just now for $169!


gailcalled's avatar

Here’s one for sale at a reasonable price (for a leather Chesterfield). You can pick it up in Duluth, MI.

Many others listed on craigslist. Where do you live?

gailcalled's avatar

Too bad. The sofa in Duluth has to go by April 8th. That means there’s some wiggle room in the price.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther