General Question

peggylou's avatar

Does anyone know of a Kaleidoscope program for Mac?

Asked by peggylou (1131points) April 6th, 2010

I’m looking for a photo program (application) that can make clever kaleidoscope pictures out of my photos, but I can’t find one for a Mac—just PCs. Do any of you know of one?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

earthduzt's avatar

make one yourself, using photoshop? Its very easy to do…I made a kaleidoscope poster for our local zoo.

peggylou's avatar

Fantastic kaleidoscope poster! I’ve got Photoshop Elements, but I have no clue how to make the kaleidoscope program. How did you do that?

earthduzt's avatar

kind of difficult to explain here, but here are some basic video tuts on how to do them using PS :)

well there are plug ins that you can install for PS that will easily make a kaleidoscoped image or you can do it the old fashioned way and basically mirror images and use layers and blending techniques to get it just right.

here are some tuts on how to do it. I did mine the old fashioned way, no plug in involved. (this one uses a plug in) (no plug in)

peggylou's avatar

Thank you so much for the tutorial!!! That works perfectly for me. You’ve saved me over $100 trying to use the PC program!!!

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther