General Question

Discrumt's avatar

If you enter France on a travel visa(90 DAY), can you apply to stay longer while still in Frane?

Asked by Discrumt (52points) April 18th, 2010

I came in France on a travel visa and got a job. Can I apply to stay longer without having to return to my home country?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

Megan64's avatar

No. Absolutely not. You’ll have to leave, reapply and then go back. Been there. Done that. Unless you are a member of an EU country, then it may be different. If you’re from the US, no dice.

bob_'s avatar

If you’re an EU citizen, you don’t need a visa.

mattbrowne's avatar

If you’re from the US you don’t need a travel visa. You can stay 3 months just carrying your passport. Only if you want to stay longer you need to apply to get a visa.

Discrumt's avatar

I found a way to stay longer. Visa D… Alot of hours on the phone and alot talking in circles. Orig. I am from PA,USA but it looks like France is home this year at least.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther