General Question

halsilverman's avatar

Do the newer versions of Microsoft Word have layers, like Adobe apps?

Asked by halsilverman (2points) April 20th, 2010

I have an old 2004 version of Microsoft Word on my Mac, and can’t get it to do anything I want. Do the newer versions have layers like the Adobe Illustrator or inDesign apps that I use?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

eponymoushipster's avatar

You’re comparing apples to oranges. what do you need layers for?

Captain_Fantasy's avatar

Word isnt an imaging program. Why would it need layers?

jaytkay's avatar

Listen to @eponymoushipster and @Captain_Fantasy. Word does not work that way!

Trying to make Word do the job of InDesign or Illustrator or Photoshop will drive you insane.

squidcake's avatar

Nope, the newest Word does not have layers, and I hope it never does.

But, whoever designed the newest Word was obviously stressing aesthetics instead of functionality because they replaced all of the organized, drop-down windows with all of these bullshit little buttons that are illogical and impossible to locate at times.

eponymoushipster's avatar

@squidcake the “ribbons” are the most idiotic thing ive ever seen.

jaytkay's avatar

The Ribbon belongs in Hell with Clippy

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther