General Question

RocketSquid's avatar

What would this kind of reader be called?

Asked by RocketSquid (3470points) April 25th, 2010

I used to have a device called a Cybiko which was basically a mix between a gameboy and a PDA. There was a program on it that was basically an e-reader, but instead of displaying lines of text it would flash each word one at a time. You could adjust the speed and it would read things like text and word documents.

Does anyone know what this type of reader is called, and do you know of any programs that would do this for the iphone? I’m not looking for the Cybiko specific one, just any that will do something similar.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

DarkScribe's avatar

I have no idea, but how can anyone possibly read one word at a time and make sense of the context? Most people read groups of words and recognise different words at different speeds.

RocketSquid's avatar

It was surprisingly nice, actually. Each word would only show up for about half a second, but I found that I read and understood books faster that way.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther