Social Question

KhiaKarma's avatar

Is there any such thing as a shower cap for your home?

Asked by KhiaKarma (4299points) July 9th, 2010

Looks like oil has made it into the lake 2 blocks from my house. If a big storm comes, like a hurriciane my home could be splattered or have oil dumped on it (depending on how bad things get)

I was thinking (yeah, that’s what that clanking noise is) because we usually board up the windows and such, is there a plastic wrap type thing in existence already for a similar purpose? Or any ideas on how to create something?

Hopefully, I won’t need it. But with an active hurricaine season predicted- better start getting prepared.

Oh, and if anyone knows of a good joke to lift my spirts—I would appreciate any contributions.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

anartist's avatar

Hire Christo to wrap your house. LOL
Or contact local painters and roofers, or online theatrical set design [large fabric material are used in theatrical set design] and other sources for very large tarps or synthetic materials.

MyNewtBoobs's avatar

@anartist He could make himself useful for once.

jazmina88's avatar

2 blocks away…..that sucks.

maybe some heavy plastic sheets stapled on??? they have different thicknesses…...

perspicacious's avatar

You could certainly cover your roof with tarps, but it would be futile in the face of hurricane wind. I imagine the worse case would be having to have the roof and house pressure washed.

Answer this question




to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther