General Question

ETpro's avatar

What do you call an individual cup manual coffee maker?

Asked by ETpro (34490points) July 22nd, 2010

I’m looking for a single-cup system with a small cone or cup filter basket for the ground coffee and a cup or container it sits on top of. I don’t want something you have to plug in. Just stupidly simple, pour boiling water over the coffee and let it drip through to the cup.

But searching Google, Amazon and Target all I find are percolators and electric coffee makers. I want something that works on a camping trip with nothing more than a camp fire to heat the water.

Does anyone know what to call such a thing, or where I can find one?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

netgrrl's avatar

Google “Melitta single cup coffee brewer” :)

jaytkay's avatar

The other one cup coffee maker – an inexpensive Manual Drip Coffee Filter Cone

Melitta Ready-Set-Joe Single Cup Coffee Brewer ($4.99!)

Bodum Cafe Solo

kevbo's avatar

“Manual drip coffee maker”

You might like a French Press better. Same simplicity and great flavor.

gailcalled's avatar

Here’s the Melitta; I use it when I have a coffee-loving friend here.

I also like the French Press. They take different fineness of grinds.

ETpro's avatar

@netgrrl & @jaytkay Thanks. Nice to have a choice. @kevbo & @gailcalled I will definitely check out the French Press suggestion. I remember staying in a French inn out in the country outside Nice and their morning coffee and baguettes was so incredibly delicious.

MissAusten's avatar

I’d also suggest a French Press. Someone gave me one as a gift several months ago, and I love it. I don’t use it often because our regular drip machine is simpler for making a big pot of coffee each morning, but if you are looking for something that doesn’t require a plug, that’s it. Waiting for the water to boil is the hardest part of the process.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther