General Question

ladyv900's avatar

If I apply a second time to the same college, do I need to send my final high school transcript again? How do I do that?

Asked by ladyv900 (713points) August 6th, 2010

I’m going to a community college in 2 months and the application and stuff didn’t work out so I applied again at the place and also took my college placement testing there.Right now I got a new e-mail from them(MCC Middlesex County College) saying

“Once you submit your application be sure to have your transcripts (high school and/or college) sent to the Admissions Office as soon as possible. (Mid year grades are fine for high school seniors but follow up with the final High School transcript right after graduating High School.) ”

I don’t even think I have a final high school transcript with me, I never recieved one myself.What can I do in this situation?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

gailcalled's avatar

You must have an official transcript (from your HS ) sent to any college. But you are entitled to one also. Call the HS and ask to have transcript sent.

Suggest to community college that it edit “graduating High School” to “graduating from high school.” (received).

Seaofclouds's avatar

You need to call your high school and ask them to send your transcript to the college. They will need the college’s address to send it to. You can also ask them to send you a copy. Once you have a copy, keep it for your records. Most colleges want a sealed copy straight from the high school.

BarnacleBill's avatar

It’s likely you received a form e-mail, like a form letter. Not everything in it may apply to you. Call the admissions office and ask them if they are missing your transcript. They should be able to look up your file by your social security number.

Carly's avatar

you have to contact your hs admissions/main office. They’ll probably require you to pay for an official transcript, if needed. Mine charged me 5 bucks. If you’re far away from your hs, email or call them, they’ll ask for the address that the transcript needs to be sent to (check your college application).

Whenever you need an official transcript, this is the process that you’ll have to go through. If you transfer from Community college to a 4 year, then you’ll have to do pretty much the same thing.

mollydrew's avatar

I would make sure your application is complete even if you believe it to be duplicate information. Your High School can send your information, just call them.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther