General Question

GeorgeGee's avatar

How do you type a ñ or Ñ on your keyboard?

Asked by GeorgeGee (4925points) August 20th, 2010

It’s easy with copy and paste but how can you actually type one if you don’t have a Euro-keyboard?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

7 Answers

mowens's avatar

Find what you want to type, hold alt, and push the correct numbers.

JLeslie's avatar

Are you using word or do you mean on fluther?

Brian1946's avatar

If you have a Windows OS then you can also use the Character Map.

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map.

Click on the character(s) of your choice > Select > Copy > Paste and voila: Ñ

If you use the Alt + method, you’ll probably have to also press the Num Lock key so that the corresponding LED lamp on your keyboard is turned on, and then use the numerical key pad on the right side of the keyboard.

mowens's avatar

hold down alt and tyoe 164 on your numberpad, then let go of alt. now do the same with 165. ñÑ

MrItty's avatar

If this is something you’re going to want to do on a frequent basis, use the International Keyboard layout.
Start->Control Panel->Change Keyboard or other input methods -> Change Keyboards -> Add

Choose the United States-International layout.

Now you can type ñ by either ~ followed by n, or by alt-n. Note that this will also now require you type a space after ”, ’, and ~ if you actually want one of those characters.

More Information

gailcalled's avatar

On a Mac, hit “option n”; then hit n again.

ñ Ñ

gailcalled's avatar

Notice that there are far fewer steps on a Mac.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther