General Question

gravity's avatar

Where can I buy a dashboard skin for a car?

Asked by gravity (3116points) August 28th, 2010

I am looking for a middle section dash skin for a Nissan Altima. There is a crack that runs up from the center vent up to the top of the dashboard. I have searched google for a couple days and mostly just find dash covers, I don’t want a dash cover. Can anyone point me in the right direction or aftermarket site that may have them? Thanks for any help… =)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

Ben_Dover's avatar

Try the junkyard. Otherwise it is probably one of those dealer only type of parts.

ant2887's avatar

you can check e-bay as well.

MaryW's avatar

Check in person at a local independant garage that has an owner operator who fixes cars and pick-up trucks. They know Everything about where to find things !! If you do not like the owner they are probably not the right garage just try at another.
We have two such private two bay places whose owners are very happy to find parts or let you know where to go.

gravity's avatar

I absolutely hate not being able to find what I am looking for on the WORLD WIDE WEB!!!!

doublebogie's avatar

@gravity I have a great friend whos business was restoring Mopar muscle cars. He is not aware of any premade cut to form skins but has made them from material and glued them on. Very tedious and time consuming. Cheaper to find a good one in a junk yard and swap the dash out. Which is also very time consuming.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther