Social Question

anartist's avatar

Is there a Yiddish or Hebrew word for "hangover"?

Asked by anartist (14779points) October 10th, 2010

Or is that too goyische a question?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

flutherother's avatar

According to Google it is צירי התפכחות

InkyAnn's avatar

@flutherother how would you pronounce that??

flutherother's avatar

I don’t think I have ever heard this Hebrew word spoken

janbb's avatar

I don’t read Hebrew that well, but I think it’s something like:

Tsorre HaTifnahoot.

(Maybe pm @zen)?

“Shikker” is the Yiddish word for drunk.

danieljl's avatar

The word “hangover” is used also in Israel. The correct Hebrew word is hamarmoret but it is a word that is not used and most people will never have heard of it (especially if they still have a hangover).

Answer this question




to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther