alanhardman486's avatar

I need a website for my small business, but don't have a lot of funds. Is there anywhere online that offers free websites for people like me?

Asked by alanhardman486 (5 points ) November 20th, 2012

I don’t have a lot of money to spend on a web developer or designer, and have already tried the Weebly and Wix’s of the internet. I’m just trying to find another company that can offer me a low cost website without me having to build it.

ninjacolin's avatar

You get what you pay for. Pay nothing = get nothing.

There has to be value in doing a project. If you have a great idea for a project you can try fund raising on a site like kickstarter or else make it easy on yourself and get a bank loan.

If you’re just planning on trying to half-ass an idea and not really put any time, money (value) or effort into a business idea, then you’re just wasting everyone’s time. If you have a legitimate idea that can be seen through to the end, then you should be happy to take on a bank loan where you’ll pay it back slowly (maybe $100 a month) until it’s paid off while profiting from a successful business model that the loan helps to launch.

orlando's avatar

Elance.com is your best best. You post your project and get bids from web developers from all over the world. You choose the one that fits your requirements and budget. Still, I would suggest that when choosing the developer, look for more than just the lowest fee (expertise, other user rating, portfolio, etc.).