- This question is currently being edited.
Are you a good person?
If there is a Heaven, do you think you are good enough to go there? To answer this question, try taking this test to see if you are a good person: (I know that I’m not.)
1. Have you ever told a lie?(“white” lies are still lies.) What do you call someone who tells lies and are you one?
2. Have you ever stolen anything? (Even when you were a kid.) What do you call someone who steals and are you one?
3. Have you ever looked someone with lust? Jesus said, “Whoever looks at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her in his heart.” (Matthew 5:28)
4. Have you ever you used God’s name to curse? That’s called blasphemy. “The Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.” (Exodus 20:7)
This is only four of the ten commandments. So IF God were to judge you based on the ten commandments, would you be innocent or guilty? Heaven or Hell? If you have failed any or all of these commandments, than you are not a good person by God’s standard.
Now the common response is: “Okay, so I’m not perfect.” or “I haven’t killed anybody.”
But remember the standard is God’s perfect law, not other people. God only considers good to be moral perfection! Which none of us are and therefore the whole world is guilty before him!
*The Bad News: We all have sinned (violated God’s law: such as lying, stealing, and so on.) and fall short to the glory of God (Romans 3:23). God can not tolerate sin and will punish for it because of his holiness and justice (Isaiah 13:11). Which means that there is no one who is good, but God alone, and the wages of sin is death(Hell). (Romans 3:10–18, Romans 6:23)
Don’t worry there is hope!
*The Good News: The good news is that God loved us so much that he sent his son to take the punishment for our sins, so who that whoever believes in him should not go to hell but have everlasting life (John 3:16, with emphasis). All you need to is repent from your sins and place your faith in Jesus Christ. The moment you do that you will be forgiven from your sins and know and will be granted everlasting life into heaven. (Romans 10:13)
Now, the final question is: Will you place your faith/trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and repent from your sins today and accept the free gift of eternal life?