Gifted_With_Languages's avatar

Are you able to present your favorite work of art?

Asked by Gifted_With_Languages (1128 points ) January 19th, 2014

Imagine that you have been invited by l’Alliance Fran├žaise in Washington to choose the work of art that you consider to be the most representative of the 20th (or 21st century) for an exhibition entitled ‘Art from a French point of view’ at the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

You must present your work of art as follows :

1) A presentation of the artist. (Biographical details, influence, fame…)
2) A detailed description of the work of art.
3) An explanation of why this work of art is your choice.

I thank you in advance for your extensive answer to my question.

Have fun answering my question!

Thank you.

RealEyesRealizeRealLies's avatar

Not sure what you’re asking here. The thought of authoring a free critique and dissertation doesn’t sound very appealing to me.

But you can get great articles about artists and their artwork from “artcollector magazine”;http://www.americanartcollector.com/. Most of them cover your requirements.

Here’s a quick video guide for writing art dissertations. Good luck!

josie's avatar

Not to be difficult, but much of the representative 20th and 21st century art is post modern trash in my opinion. So which is it-my favorite, or representative?

Not happening.

longgone's avatar

Able, yes. Willing, no.

josie's avatar

Just about anything by Andrew Wyeth is what I like about 20th century painting.
Wyeth was raised and taught by a loving father. He lived to be 91

This, by Jackson Pollack is what, in my opinion, is trash, presented as art, that many folks think is representative of the 20th Century.
Pollack, when he was not drunk and urinating on himself, was fucking his mistress and randomly dripping paint to critical acclaim. He was killed (drunk) in a car crash, she survived.

It would probably be a screenshot from one of my tentacle hentai movies.

I don’t believe this is an original question and I also think you tried asking it once before. Are you a bot?

josie's avatar

@janbb
I think I can figure it out, but what is a bot?

I may not be using the term right but some kind of non-human text generating thingy. The OP never returns to questions, never responds to posts and generally posts questions that another Jelly has found the source of elsewhere on the net. It is frustrating to some of us.

downtide's avatar

I agree, I have definitely seen this question on Fluther before, a while ago.