Send to a Friend

garydale's avatar

How can I stop Google Apps from screwing up my personal mail?

Asked by garydale (216 points ) February 10th, 2014

I have had a personal Gmail account for years, pretty much since Gmail was launched. Let’s call that account #1. Secondly, as my company has several brands all using different websites and e-mail addresses I had a second Gmail account that I used to download all of these into one place. This is account #2. I used account #1 for personal use as well as with loads other Google products (Play, Drive, Chrome, YouTube, Keep, Calendar, Contacts, etc.) and account #2 I used only for work communication.

Yesterday I switched my company to Google Apps for our mail service. I wanted to do a Mail Fetch from my account #2 to the new Google Apps hosted mailbox. Much to my chagrin mails from account #1 started pouring into the Google Apps account and now several services I try to use, but mostly YouTube, show they are signed out but when I try to use them they won’t let me sign in with my account #1. I get the following message:

You are trying to access Google Admin of but you do not have a valid logged in account for it.

Sign into one of the existing accounts for

Or, use one of the below logged in users to manage the corresponding enterprise domain.

I need to get this undone while at the same time keeping the mails from my account #2 in the Google Apps mail.

Using Fluther

Using Email

Separate multiple emails with commas.
We’ll only use these emails for this message.