• This question is currently being edited.

Meta Question

Is this site better then yahoo answers?

Asked by dartfeld (27 points ) 3 months ago

Like does it have better questions and people on it

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

9 Answers

I’m going to be objective, so I’ll say you have to find out by yourself. This site can be good for me but not for you.

What a waste of a third
Question for the day.

I’ve never used Yahoo answers but I have to agree with @Mimishu1995, what suits one person may not suit everyone so I suggest you spend a little time here and find out if it suits you. And welcome.

This is by far the better site. Smaller, more personable. More fun. Less spammers and less multiple account users {you know, people with more than one account which they use to stir things up, troll and start fights}.

In my opinion, by about 60 IQ points. There are decent users on yahoo, but there’s also a great deal of flamers, trolls and riff raff. I’ve seen decent responses at times on yahoo, but I’m yet to see a decent discussion between other users in a thread.

No.

You’re better off staying on Yahoo!Answers. Go back there.

Shame on any of you not welcoming anyone. They may not stay, for a variety of reasons, but I would like to give anyone a forgiving, open-minded and generous chance.

It really depends what sort of a Q&A site you prefer. If you prefer a small site with fewer but better-quality questions and more active moderation, then Fluther is better. If you prefer a larger, more anonymous site with unlimited and often nonsensical questions and no moderation of trollish behaviour then YA is better. 99% of the questions on YA would not be tolerated here.

Is this thread turning into a self-promotion thread already? Let the OP decide himself.

This discussion is closed.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther